I'm Not Good At Taking Risks

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

War.

It started over a Caterpillar.

The line was drawn and there was no turning back.

My troops moved into Iceland, Scandinavia and Great Britain. We sent small detachments to Eastern Australia, Japan and China. The guys were excited. They had never been to so many exotic places.

Our Base Camp was stationed in South America. Nice weather. We lost a few of the younger guys to Malaria early on and Billy choked on a tree frog, but my troops were tough. They forged on. With the Borders of Brazil and Venezuela heavily fortified, We attacked Central America.

The Battle was won quickly; their forces were small, and high on Cocaine.

Leaving a large garrison of men in Brazil, Our generals decided, unanimously, to attack the Eastern United states. We suffered heavy casualties, but in the end, justice prevailed.

Rejuvenated by their victory, Our troops moved in on The western half of the United States.

From across the world we heard news that the opposing forces now held Australia, Europe and Africa. It was daunting news, but the troops held strong. Except Johnny. He's always been high strung.

The enemy attacked us at dawn and our losses were great. Upon learning that Our European troops had been defeated, we retreated to South America.

One Hundred and seven men stood strong. The last line of defense against tyranny.

The Bastard controlled the rest of the world with an plastic fist.

______

He strategized, he said as he shook his head, "You have to have a plan of attack, you can't just put your men on random countries and hope for the best."

"But..It looked cuter that way.."
______


Logic has no place in a board game.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Yeah, my brother asked me to play that game with him ONCE. He never asked again... I don't know why...

11:56 PM, September 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always lost at Risk too. Only boardgame I could never win. Have a good day.
RoxDar

7:24 AM, September 13, 2007  
Blogger Not a Granny said...

I love Risk. Haven't played it in a looonng time, though. I think I will have to dust it off!

8:19 AM, September 13, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

HA! Ummm... that so sounds like something I would do. I can't stand that game. ;)

2:46 PM, September 13, 2007  
Blogger Shelli said...

I do not do Risk. It makes no sense to me. Kind of like war makes no sense to me. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

5:44 PM, September 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Risk I love that game, the power completely controls me..as for the plan it should obvisouly be to Take Over the WORLD, muhaha.

7:16 PM, September 13, 2007  
Blogger Diane Mandy said...

You're a braver woman than I. I take no risk.

DO you Scrabble?

7:46 PM, September 13, 2007  
Blogger Trisha (Ashlyn's Adoring Mommy) said...

I vote you in as President!!! C'mon...get on it!

8:32 PM, September 13, 2007  
Blogger Marilyn said...

I've never played Risk... sounds like I'd like it but I think my strategy might be a little like yours.

I could finally invade Canada! Mwahahahah!

8:49 PM, September 13, 2007  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I hate this game. My sister is the queen of risk, it doesn't matter who, where or when - she wins every.single.time. I'm beginning to think she should have joined the military - 'cept for the fact she can't take an order.

10:21 PM, September 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home