Rainbow Man Is Seven ~Mushy Mommy Type Post~

Saturday, October 28, 2006


Three Days Old

Seven Years ago today,I slept in, and woke to the phone ringing. It was the hospital wondering where we were. We were supposed to be there by seven am for our indiction. It was now 830am. I showered and we grabbed our stuff and headed to the hospital. We were just out of our teens, I had just turned 20, so Had Hubster. We had been married for three months.

We went in with the attitude that we were at a party. Oh man I can still feel the overwhelming urge to giggle and dance. At last, I was going to have my baby!

We found out about Rainbow man in a sort of odd way. I was undergoing testing to give my sister a kidney, and was having an ultrasound of my bladder and kidneys. The technition asked if there was any possible way that I was pregnant. I laughed and assured her there was No Way.

On April first I recieved a letter fromt he Nephrology department.

Dear Miss Bluepaintred:

I would like to inform you that the ultrasound report of your kidneys showed an incidentalfinding thats is the presence of a baby in your uterus. Therefore, I believe you should get immediate attention by an obsterician at theis stage if you wish. I would reccomend to you to defer the work up for transplantation untill after your delivery.

If you have any concerns, please call my office.
(Uh, WTF>>When is a baby , planned or not, EVER incidental???)

My first thought was that this MUST be an april fools joke, and my neks thought was HOW AM I GOING TO TELL MY DAD???? I was 19. It turns out I was almost 15 weeks pregnant, and had had NO clue. But it definatly explained why i couldn't lose this weird ponch of fat in my belly! I stopped dieting immediatly LOL.


Six weeks Old
Rainbow Mans first due date was September 18th. We got into an accident that day and completly totaled the car. My first reaction after the car stopped was to shove my hands under my dress and into my panties to see if I was bleeding. I wasn't and almost immediatly, the baby started kicking, protesting the jolt he had received. Hubby did not fare so well. He had jammed his knee into the metal face plate of the radio, hurting it pretty badly. I don't know much about cars now, and I didn't then either. I saw smoke (it was steam), and Hubs wasn't responding to anything I said, so I told him I was hurt and I could not get my door open (It was a lie) He shoved at his door a few times then, and it was really hard for him to open, later we realised that the whole drivers side was compacted inwards, and thats why his door wasn't opening. He did get it open and came around to help me out. Just imagine the looks I got, at 9 months pregnant (and I was HUGE) standing by thei totaled car, waiting for the cops. I refused an abulance, but accepted the cops offer for a ride to the University. Later, we had Baby checked out, as well as Hubbys knee. My only injury was from my seat belt, some very colorful and painful bruising.

I am sure that the car accident is what made baby so late. He was scared to come out! Finally on the 25th of October I convinced my doctor that he had to come out NOW or I would go insane. He offered induction on the 28th or I could wait till November 1st. I didnt want a halloween baby, so I took the 28th.

From the time of indiction, to the time of birth, I was in labour for only 13 and a half hours. The first half, My sister and I had balloon wars with "It's a Boy" balloons. the last half, Hubs and my sister just put up with me. I had an epidural. When it came time to push, the nurse called the on call doctor. The doc asked the nurse if this was my first baby, she answered yes, and so he told her he would finish his coffee and come up. After all, first babys take forever to push out. That was around 12:55am.


Six Months Old
The Doctor never made it to the Birth, It took one half assed push and two real ones and he was born, 1:05 Am on the 29th of October, Six Lbs, 4 Ounces. Hubs cut the cord, and the Doc walked in as the nurse was checking baby in the bassenet.

RainbowMan was an EXCELLENT baby/toddler, and is still a wonderful and caring boy. He never likes to get anything he cannot share with his siblings. He helps a lot, sometimes too much around home. He is even willing to change Stupermans Night diaper. Rainbow Man was the reason we decided to have more children, he made the experiance wonderful for us.


2, Halloween

I know I want to say more about him. But As I try to picture the boy he is now becoming the man he will be, my chest tightens and I start to breath faster. The thought of him being grown and gone from me, hurts, but at the same time, I want him to have what me and his daddy have. And since It bothers me so much, I refuse to think about it, and instead, I will take his growing up, one day at a time. And I will Love every minute of it.


Now.

Happy Birthday Honey

10 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

awww, that's so sweet, he had a little stork bite on his chin!

5:16 PM, October 28, 2006  
Blogger L said...

OH Blue what a wonderful post you brung tears to my eyes, you are a wonderful mom!

Happy Birthday Rainbow Man!

5:39 PM, October 28, 2006  
Blogger Catch said...

That is so beautiful Blue.... I knew the way it was going that Dr was not going to make it to the birth!!!!

Happy Birthday Mr Rainbow Man and may you always be as sweet as you are today!

8:36 PM, October 28, 2006  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Happy Birthday Rainbow Man!

8:57 PM, October 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday to my favorite 7 year old in the world love you lots from aunie kiss

12:40 AM, October 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Happy birthday to our very favourite 7 year old in the whole wide world!!!!!!!

We love you lots and lots
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Hugs and kisses
Grandpa and Grandma Marnee

12:22 PM, October 29, 2006  
Blogger MommyOutOfControl said...

Happy Birthday Rainbow Man! When we have birthday cake at our house tonight to celebrate MY birthday, I will think of you too! Have a great birthday!
Jamie

2:02 PM, October 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rainbow Man!!! Hope you have a great day. Me and the kids are going to come for an all day play day in a couple weeks. See you soon. All the best!!!
RoxDar
PS Now there's spam commenter..What the hell is that!!!

7:44 PM, October 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Rainbow Man! Being oldest rocks!

You are so smart on the Sunday Six.

12:27 AM, October 30, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

From Rainbow Man thank you evereybody for saying happy birthday to me cus i am seven

From me: Thanks bunches for bringing that cute little smile to his face every time he sounded out the comments here. We got home from his party and he insisted on checking, and again just before bed!

7:21 AM, October 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home