Worth Every Cent

Monday, July 03, 2006



Ahhhh.... good day :o) We saw Superman Returns today. WOW. It's great. Left Logan with Nana And Papa, he had a blast, took Blake and Parker to the city. Blake kept complaning off and on he had to puke, but since his temperature only got to 99 we stayed, and yes, I DO carry a thermometer in my purse, I also carry childrens tylonol and gravol , Deal with it!!!

We paid 22.00 for the tickets, it was dring the afternoon (and a good thing too, as the movie is just shy of 3 hours long) It was the pop and popcorn that killed us! 41.36 for four bags of popcorn and four pops... WTF is with that???

Seriously, since when does it cost 63.36 to take two kids to a movie? thats retarded!

Oh well, the movie was worth it.

After we got home we washed the car, and anyopne who has washed a car with kids knows the fun we had :0) After that we chased the water that was "running away" down the street till we found a mud puddle! This ment we had to fill up the paddling pool to wash off! More fun. Then into the bath and into bed....

A very good day.

I am concerned about one thing though...

Me: So did you boys like the movie?

Parker: yea

Blake: yes! My favorite part was when Superman Died

Me: oh really Lex Junior!

Parker : (uncontrollable giggles)

I have always said that Blake will either be a Lawyer Or a master criminal, I think he is leaning towards criminal right now....

6 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

the price of the movies is terrible anymore....how do they expect people to take their kids with those prices??? I always watch movies on pay per view...I can watch them in my jammies then!

11:05 PM, July 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

master criminal....Ha ha! I have one of those.

When it gets hot and sticky here I get out the bucket and sponges....my car gets washed and the kids have a blast. I am not looking forward to the day when they figure out that it is work and not play.

9:27 AM, July 04, 2006  
Blogger L said...

The price of going to the movies now days is ridiculous if just wait 3 months its out on dvd its cheaper just to buy that and stay home and watch it.

It must be a boy thing my son is the same way.

1:02 PM, July 04, 2006  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

i'm not even into Superman movies, but with Brandon Routch in the lead...oh, BABY, yes!

that is fucking ridiculous that it cost that much for you guys to go to the movies. that's why we rarely go to the movies - it's too damn expensive!

6:52 PM, July 04, 2006  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

I hope you don't hate me for saying this, but there are two pet peeves of mine in this post, one is a HUGE one, the other not so much.

Okay, I didn't know Superman dies in this movie, so that spoiler was the little pet peeve.

But the biggest one I have is taking a sick kid to the movies. You have no idea how much it irks me when I find out that someone near us is sick...in church, in the grocery store, etc.

Especially in a place that someone doesn't HAVE to be at when they're sick.

And you probably know why. I could be sitting next to you, trying to enjoy the movie with my family.

If Natalie catches whatever your kid has, it means serious complications for her. We avoid the pool now because of it (since I know so many people bring their sick kids there....I overheard one dad talking about how his kids had been puking the night before and there they were swimming right along side mine!)

It's hard having a child with a serious illness and always worrying about whether or not they're going to catch a virus when we go out.

You never know who is around you...someone undergoing chemo who can't afford to get sick? Someone with a compromised immune system? Someone like my daughter?

So, I never take my kids out when they're sick for that reason.

Okay, stepping off my soap box! I hope I don't offend you...just wanted to give you my perspective and some food for thought from a mom who worries about these things.

(((((((HUGS))))))))

1:08 PM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i am glad you guys had a good time out....i really wanna see that movie...sorry i havent been online latley i have been very busy i pormise to blog thiongs from now on have a good night and ttyl

11:44 PM, July 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home