My Dad's House Exploded

Thursday, June 29, 2006

im sorry to say this isn't a joke :0(

yesterday the watermain below my fatehrs house broke. they lost everything in the basement, and since they LIVE in teh basement while my grandma lives upstais they lost everything.
it was laundry day so most ( about 95%) of their clothes were ont eh floor, ruined.

the fish survived, but thats it

they will be out of house for 3-6 months. They are trying to rent a fifth wheel, but its the july long weekend and everythingis taken.

what can I do to help them? any suggestions? buying clothes is not a good thing, they need to do that on their own, and insurance will pay them back ( thank God for insurance, they have a good package and they will get it all back) plus the town where they live ( and my dad works for) , their insurance will be covering a lot of it .

this totally sucks and I am at a loss at what I can do to help them thru this.

5 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

invite them to move in with you until it all gets taken care of?

10:14 PM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

that was the very first thing I did, even knowing its impractcle. They live an hour away and have jobs. my dads job has a clause that he has to be within 15 minutes of his town alternating weeks, as he is the head of town works..water sewer garbage roads ect.

11:36 PM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger L said...

Help them find a hotel room, cook, etc... all the little stuff that they are not thinking about.

5:20 AM, June 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Babe! I tried to leave a comment earlier in the day, but I managed to delete myself!

I was going to suggest that you double whatever you cook in the next several weeks. Freeze the extra and then when you see them you will have something to offer. It will save them the worry of having to prepare a meal.

My best to your Dad and his new wife. I am so sorry.

6:34 PM, June 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I am sorry if not on a theme. Some interesting references.
[URL=http://toothpicks.sitesfree.com] toothpick [/URL]
[URL=http://toothpicks.sitesfree.com/map.html] site map [/URL]
[URL=http://toothpicks.sitesfree.com/plastic-toothpick.html] plastic toothpick [/URL]
[URL=http://toothpicks.sitesfree.com/silver-toothpick.html] silver-toothpick [/URL]
Bye.

7:09 AM, January 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home