Lots Of Drugs

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Wow. where do I start? with the fact that I can leave my flat on my back , not moving a muscle afraid to breath dependent on my ice packs position on teh couch? I am officially able to sit in semi- upright comfort today. Who knew that boob muscles moved when you sat? Ok really I think the main problem is the location of the incision, which is a hard word to spell and will be known as "cut" from now on.

Its on the underside of the boob, in the crease. Where my bra likes to rest. Its larger then I thought it would be. about 7 inches. I won't be blogging photos of it at this point. It looks really bad, with the bruising dried blood and surgeon marker all over it still. Tonight I will be able to shower AND wash it. Its a scary thought , to be honest.

It took me a full 26 hours to get the bandage off. I had to remove it " before I went to sleep" but I could't because every time I took it off, It bled again, So I left it on. I am very allergic to adhesive so steri-tape was out of the question. Seriosly, last time I had steri-tape I left it on, as I was told to, untill the tape slid off me because the skin underneath basically melted off. It was not a pretty site.

So the operation was pretty fast. I got there about 10 minutes early, and the two people before me were late so I went in with about 30 seconds of waiting. Not even enough time to get nervous.

The needles ( freezing) was a neat experiance. Most of the globe of my boob has no feeling, Don't worry , my nipple has feeling, and thats all that counts in my mind!

So apperently , the way freezing works is needle goes in and the freezing spreads around with the needle site as the epicentre. We were working on removing scar tissue. I was not told that scar tissue is not conductive to freezing dispersion!

She started to cut very slowly, because we wouldnt be able to tell where there was no freezing untill it was already cut. In total I only had to say " ohmigodthathurtsineedanotherneedle" 17 times. The sound of her cutting the scar will stay with me for a while I think. If anyone has ever "torn" fabric, THATS the sound. Its horrible. It's LOUD... I could not beleive HOW loud. Also, when she used the cauterising gun thingy for the little blood vessels, It did NOT make me want a steak.. I don't smell that good cooked... Good thing the Hubster likes his meat rare!

  • It took about 20 minutes , start to finish.

I was very very cocky right after I was done... Little did I know the freezing was going to wear off! I felt so good we went out to supper.... bad idea... freezing wore off about the same time our food came....

I have been faithfully taking 2 advil, 3 tylonol and a T3 every 3-4 hours... Its not enough!

I am not allowed to lift ANYTHING, at all. If it weighs more then 2 pounds, I cant touch it. ummm my purse alone is 5 pounds! My youngest child , who does NOT understand why I can't cuddle him , is 25 lbs... uh just a side note, we weighd all three boys, we got 25 lbs, 25 lbs and 38 lbs... thinking I should make the middle one eat more!

So I am back to blogging, sort of. I am reading all of my "regular" blogs, but commenting is a bit beyond me as of yet . I have to have perfect posture, or there is too much weight on my cut. Sitting on this chair, just for the length of time it is taking to write this is quite hard...

  • I am looking forward to the stage where there is no longer the feeling of BURNING agony interspersed with stitches getting caught on my bra mixed in with a little side order of itching!

  • I am NOT looking forward to repeating this on the left boob in four weeks.. really I'm not... but there is a really noticable lopsided effect going on here....

4 Comments:

Blogger L said...

OMG Blue please take it easy and pop them pain pills.

I know it hurts I had a tumor removed from my right breast.
I feel your pain babe.

10:53 PM, June 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, momma. Each day will be a little better then the last!

When you feel better shot me an e-mail. I will talk you through switching to Firfox. It should not be scary, especially if someone is holding your hand. And Aspell is so worth it.
(alasbury@gmail.com)

6:31 AM, June 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMWord! I feel so bad for you! and you have to do it again in a couple weeks? Just come over to my house and we'll have a nice big pity party for you. I can't even imagine!

11:18 AM, June 18, 2006  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

hey, if they're giving you drugs, just say 'yes'! I always do! ;)

8:55 PM, June 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home