Secrets

Sunday, June 25, 2006


Brought to you VIA Cheerio Butt:

This weeks peek at me weekly is Secrets... A secret no one would guess about you , in fact

It has taken me allll week to decide if I should do this weeks Peek. The reason? My family and friends all read this blog. Its not just abstract people online, It will be read by people I see and talk to on a daily basis. Deep breath , Im gonna do it.

My secret is really more a Thank You. A BIG Thank You. HUGE.
Thank you to D****n , who said My husband and I would not see our fifth wedding anniversary.

Thank you to the people who gave "the look" you know the one I am talking about, when I said, Yea Im gonna marry the boy who knocked me up, Deal with it!

Thank you to my Dad, who said while we waited in the little room off the Shrine for my turn to walk that isle"You don't have to do this. We can deal withthe baby ourselves" Such support! but at the same time, you didn't believe in this marriage either! I wonder... do you now?

Thanks to all the people who looked at my huge tummy rolling with baby kicks with distain.

Thank you to the lady in the womans washroom who said to me "I bet you don't even know the babys father!"

Thank you to my sister who accused my soon to be husband for ruining my life.

Thank you to every one who didn't believe in us.

You guys are the reason we are together now. A little over two months to our seventh Wedding Anniversary.

Our first year of Marriage was HARD. Living with very religious In-laws who didn't understand me, nor I them. Living with a baby whom I tried to breastfeed and failed. It was hard. There were times I wanted to (and times I did) throw my ring at the Hubster, and wanted to call it quits.

You know what stopped me? You guys. I pictured each and everyone of you , and it gave me strength . Strength to calm down , and to try to understand what was really happening. Number one, Don't live with family! Your lack of faith in our relationship gave me the strength to get through that first year.

And now? Life isn't perfect. We still fight. But he still makes me laugh more then anyone I know. He still has the power to make me cry when I see him with my boys. He is still the love of my life, So thank you ....

11 Comments:

Blogger Blogarita said...

We got a little of that, too, when we got married, because I'm 13 years older than Spouse Guy, had a teenage daughter at the time, etc. Not a lot was said, but the skepticism was there all the same. Most of our family (both sides) have changed their tune since then.

Some people just don't know a good thing when they see it! Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!

6:09 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger L said...

What a very rude thing for someone to say to you in the washroom, I would have kicked that womans ass.

9:45 AM, June 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have major goosebumps! Wow, I admire you so much. Keep proving them wrong! Thank you so much for sharing this. Cheers to the power of love and stubborn streaks a mile wide!

10:10 AM, June 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW....what you just said here made me realize that not everything will be perfect and that you just have to work through it no matter what!!!me and the fiance have been thriough alot this last couple of months and you just made me realize that if you guys can do it so can we....shannon you rock monkey chunks and i will always love ya like a sis...

10:56 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

lori, for the first time in my life, and probably the last time, i had a reply for someone ! you know how you always leave a confontation and thing Damn! i should have said...
i told her in a very sweet voice that no I did not know who was the father, I was going to line up all seven of them in the deliveryroom and see which one the baby looked the most like! it shut her up right fast!

( I am still very proud of my response!)

11:25 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

good for you, chicky! to hell with the naysayers!

12:33 PM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Catch said...

what a story Paint! No one knows who will stay together and who wont...Im glad you proved them wrong!

4:07 PM, June 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Great post! You are brave! I wanted to do this peek inside, but I can't find the picture I need to tie it all together! Bummer.

6:53 PM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Jessica said...

When Rt and I got married his grandma asked if we were doing it because we "had" to... you read my post... at some point I guess we did 'have' to... interesting how the choices we make stick with us forever... here's to 10 more years...

8:58 PM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger L said...

A very good response.

4:52 AM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

wow. what a nice response! thanks to everyone for the sweet words!

9:01 AM, June 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home