If you are an American reader, Skip This! ... If you are Canadian LOL LOL LOL

Friday, March 31, 2006

i read this in a coffee perks last Wednesday and it is still making me crack up when i think of it so im going to post it to make sure others can enjoy this!... now I am not sure if this really is true, but Its damn funny any way:

This is the transcript of the ACTUAL radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland.

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees South to avoid a collision.

Americans
: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees the north to avoid collision


Canadians
: Negitive. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.


Americans
: This is the Captian of the US Navy ship, I say again, divert YOUR course.


Canadains
: No. I say again, divert YOUR course


Americans
: This Is The Aircraft Carrier USS Lincoln, The second Largest Ship In The United States' Atlantic Fleet. We Are Accompanied By Thre Destroyers, Three Cruisers And Numerous Support Vessels. I Demand That You Change Your Course 15 Degrees North, I Say Again, Thats One Five Degrees North, Or COunter MEasures Will Be Undertaken To Ensure The Safety Of This Ship.


Canadians
: This is a lighthouse. Your call,


So. now you see why I have been laughing ! LOL, its darn'd funny, but I have a few issues with it, number one, if this ship is all big n shit, then their radar systems would be able to tell they were so close to land
if the us ship had all the support vessles it was talking bout , at least one of them would have gotten ahold of the captian and said.. hey wait dude ur arguing with land.
while i agree that the captian of the The Aircraft Carrier USS Lincoln might be a retard i cannot see all the other vessel captians being retards as well, so honestly i cant see this being true, but i like it any way !

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

DasDad from DasBecca! (You know what I mean!)

First, thanks for the neat comments about us on Becca's site. I mean it!

Next, I heard this lighthouse story lots of times from different points of view. My guess it is just an "urban legend." It probably never really happened this time of the other 5-6 times I heard it with different ships and locations...

Lastly, my wife and I both love Canada! Her hockey team has exactly 50% Canadians on it. I was raised in Buffalo and so also spent lots of time in your country.

It looked like a Flames jersey on your son. Not sure... I actually got tickets to The Cup when it was in Calgary (!) and flew us both at the last minute(!) to see Game 6! We are huge Flames fans - except we do have a love of the Washington Caps. =)

Well, that's about it. My incognito e-mail is lookn2connect@yahoo.com if you ever want to drop a note. DasBecca is rightfully careful of protecting all our privacy - particularly since she is becoming such a celebrity! =)

Best wishes!
DasDad / GranDaddy

9:04 PM, April 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home