well, mr blake had his appointment with dr weckworth, his urologist. Seems the esteemed doc agrees with me THIS time that yes it is finally time to go in fix it and be done with it once and for all! if any child needs a child like him someday it is my blake
silly me, knowing of the loooong waiting times in our provence for surgery dates, i figure i have oodles of time to prepare him to go under the knife again... nope, my father in law had come to the appointment for moral support , and jokingly he asked, " and we can get this done before the end of the week, right?"
without even looking up from his computer, the good doctor says " we have a cancelation for TOMMORROW morning!"
talk about little preperation
blake will go into admitting at 630 am tommorrow, no food or liquids after midnight. its day surgery, so after he wakes from anesthetic and drinks and urinates he can go home. ... maybe by three in the afternoon if all goes well ~ which it will.
God im scared.
they will use a different anesthetic becuase he was disgustingly sick from the one they used last time, as well he will get different stitches.. seems they didnt switch babies in the nursery after all, sweet little blake is allergict to disolving sutures just like me :o)
so lets see, blake - surgery in may, shannon surgery in june and july... who is in august again???
i have to joke about this, as im terrified you just never know, people have been put under anesthetic and never woke up after... add his asthma to the list and its even more complicated this time, altho, dr weckworth did mention that the type of anesthetic might have had a role to play in the ashtma... anyone ever heard of that before?
anyway everyone wish us luck and all that rot ~ blake will be fine, mommy might not be!
( i promise to update tommorrow as soon as we get home and he is settled onto the couch with his jaws movie!)